Piercing has long been a method for people to exhibit their features. Spider bites piercing is a popular body piercing method that many individuals choose to express their individuality. Also known as lip piercing, they have a long history that may be traced back to ancient African and American civilizations. The ancient tribes regarded it as an act of worship to please their Gods, while in certain other cultures, it was honored as a marriage ceremony done by the husband as a bribe.
So, in this blog, let’s get to know more about spider bite piercings and the type of jewelry that might look appealing to you.
What are Spider Bites piercing?
Spider bites piercing or viper bites piercing refers to a pair of piercings on the lower lip at the corner of the mouth. The spider bites piercing is two independent piercings located close to each other on one side of the lower lip. Their name is derived from their close closeness to one another – the arrangement mimics a spider bite.
Although the lower lip is the most commonplace for this type of piercing, it can also be seen on the upper lip. The piercing from a spider bite is comparable to that of a snake bite, which has a single piercing in each corner of the lower lip.
This piercing design is ideal for those who prefer an edgier look over discreet piercings such as cyber bites or shark bites.
Things to Take Care of Before Doing Spider Bite Piercing
Before getting any type of lip piercing, you should examine your dental health. The piercing position causes the piercing jewelry to rub against your gums and teeth. It might cause issues in the future. The degree of difficulty is determined by your anatomy and how the piercing jewelry scrapes on your teeth.
Before proceeding with your piercing, there are a few things you should be aware of. Here’s all you need to know about spider bites piercing.
- Choose a well-known salon with a skilled expert who uses sanitized equipment.
- Both piercings are equidistant from the middle of the lip. Otherwise, the symmetry of the face may be affected. As a result, double-check the marks before the starts procedure.
- Before obtaining the piercing, consult with a doctor to determine the most safest method.
- Doctors may tell patients to consume Vitamin B through a variety of dietary sources before undergoing the piercing.
- If you are prone to keloids, avoid getting your lips pierced.
- Before you get it done, talk to your piercer about any previous piercings you’ve had. Please let him know if there have been any issues with those. If you’ve had an allergic response to a certain type of metal, you must notify him before the treatment.
- A small amount of communication ahead of time can save you both a lot of headaches later on. If he is aware of any potential issues that may arise as a result of your piercing, he will be able to prevent them.
- Before you have your spider bites piercing, you should get a few essential aftercare materials. Sea salt, cotton balls, and Q-tips is a good idea.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, like you should have been doing before the spider bites were pierced. Yet you may want to reduce the amount of mint in your toothpaste. You don’t want to have a burning feeling in your piercing.
How Much Does It Pain?
This is a pretty typical question asked by many people who are considering getting a spider bites piercing. Getting your spider bites pierced might be painful. Yet, those who have already done it report that it is not as painful as other piercings across the body in general. Besides, it also varies from person to person as the enduring quality varies.
A skilled professional piercer, knows how to reduce the amount of discomfort. This is accomplished through the various approaches used in carrying out the treatment. Some expert piercers begin by producing a hole from the outside to the inside or inside to the outside.
You may also be able to select the strategy you would want to try. The truth is that the amount of pain you may experience is determined by your body’s pain tolerance level.
What Happens When You Have A Spider Bites Piercing?
Your piercer will sterilize the area before doing the actual piercing.The areas where the spider bites will be pierced will be indicated so that the positions are correct. The fang markings should not be too far apart or too close together. It may appear to be a little issue, but it may ruin the appearance of your spider bites piercing. It can happen if the distance isn’t correct.
Spider Bites Piercing Aftercare
I cannot emphasize more on this part, that taking care of the area after you get it pierced is important. Cleaning and taking proper care of that area must be on your top priority list.
But, here are the things you should do if you by any chance have done spider bite piercing:
- Consume foods with extreme caution. It may exacerbate your piercing wounds.
- To assist in faster recovery, use a soft non-alcoholic mouthwash before and after eating.
- Keep in mind that if you do not adhere to the guidelines, your skin may reject the piercing.
- Most essential, go with an experienced and registered professional piercer. After all, you don’t want to put your health in the hands of an untrained professional.
Spider Bites Piercing Healing Time?
Piercings often take 4-12 weeks to heal. Everyone heals at a different rate, but by adhering to aftercare measures, you can cut the recovery time.
Remember that piercings might appear healed even before they are healed. You should see the piercer before discontinuing aftercare procedures.
Moreover, the duration is proportional to the quality of aftercare and the piercer’s skill. As a result, if you want it to recover faster, make sure you follow sanitary measures. Furthermore, the body of the individual who has had the piercing must be capable of healing the wounds inside.
Do not panic if the pierced region expands; this is a typical reaction of your body. Be sure you complete the appropriate aftercare to ensure that everything is in order.
Spider Bites Piercings Cost
Needless to say, there is a fee involved if you wish to have spider bites piercing. The cost of this piercing is calculated by taking into account several crucial parameters.
If the professional piercer you hire is professional enough, you should expect to spend extra. But, at the very least, you may be certain of your safety. In most circumstances, the cost of this piercing is between $25 and $45.
Jewelry For Spider Bite Piercing
Choose labret studs first since they are easier to manage. You could replace it with ball closure rings or circular barbells. Make sure the initial jewelry is larger in the case of a ball closure ring and longer in the event of a labret stud. It guarantees that there is enough room to accommodate the swelling. A pair of the same jewelry is worn on the piercing, yet, people can mix and match styles to their liking.
Potential Risks In Spider Bites Piercing
Lip piercings may cause the following negative effects:
- Allergic response to piercing jewelry metals such as nickel or any alloy.
- A piercing is removed out of the skin in case it becomes trapped or snagged on an object or piece of clothing.
- Infections can occur if normal aftercare protocols are not followed. It also occurs if the piercer does not use sanitized instruments.
- If the jewelry is too small, you may undergo embedding migration and jewelry rejection. In this case, your body grows back tissue and pulls the jewelry out of the pierced location. Finally, it causes the jewelry to fall out.
- Nerve injury caused by an incorrect piercing treatment or piercing too close to a sensitive nerve ending for a speedier recovery.
When To Seek A Doctor?
At some point or the other, if you are having any severe problems, you must seek a doctor:
- A strange or unpleasant odor emanating from the piercing
- Jewelry falls out soon after piercing, especially if it’s difficult to replace.
- Whether it’s from jewelry or plaque accumulation, your teeth will be damaged. Near the piercing, a reliable source.
To wrap up everything, spider bites piercings are inexpensive, entail a simple piercing, and heals quickly. Be sure you pick a piercer who is both trained and skilled. Because they are less widespread than other lip piercings, this piercing might be a good opportunity to express oneself with face jewelry.