Shen Men Piercing is known to be so strong that it may be used to cure just about any situation. Stress, anxiety, depression, headaches, despair, sleeplessness, and restlessness are all alleviated by this master point. Weight reduction is another fascinating advantage of the Shen Men point. Weight gain is often linked to an increase in stress and anxiety. One might pierce this place to alleviate stress and anxiety and speed up the weight loss process.
As early as the 1950s, this was one of the first areas in which ear acupuncture was advocated for treating alcoholism and other forms of substance dependence.
What is Shen Men Piercing?
Shen Men Piercing, also known as ‘Divine Gate,’ is positioned around the top-center cartilage of the ear, is believed to soothe anxiety, increase immunity, alleviate migraines, center the body, and lessen depression. While it’s the second most common piercing, it’s the most popular auriculotherapy location.
Choose this one if you’re willing to experiment with one of these piercings. In the odd case that it fails, the dangers are minor, and you will still have a visible ear piercing.
How are Shen Men Piercings Done?
If you suffer from migraines, sadness, or anxiety, you may benefit from shen men piercing since it acts on the pressure points on your ears. Experts in acupressure and holistic health say that the pressure from the shen men piercing (together with the nearby daith piercing site) permanently activates the Vagus Nerve. The longest of the brain’s twelve nerves, the vagus nerve, reaches the ear cartilage and the colon.
Why do Males Pierce Themselves?
Shen men are located in the upper-middle ear and link to all of our body’s energy centers. This helps activate various body areas, resulting in a feeling of comfort. Shen men might help alleviate symptoms of anxiety, sadness, and headaches. The thick section of cartilage on the top of the ear is where shen men piercing is done.
Piercings on Shen Guys And The Placebo Effect
The placebo effect occurs when some individuals benefit from an unsuccessful “look-alike” therapy or drug. This medicine, like the placebo, has no known health effects. In its literal sense, the Placebo effect is a unique phenomenon in which a patient’s health frequently improves due to a therapy that may or may not function to improve the patient’s condition. Still, one can think it does and even begins to feel better.
Shen Men Piercings For Headaches
Migraine sufferers often turn to daith piercing for treatment. The procedure is carried out on the helix’s core’s innermost cartilage fold. There was considerable disagreement over whether or not Daith’s piercing might prevent migraines (situated at the ears most cartilage folds).
Acupuncture may be to blame because the daith piercing passes through the area of pressure linked with migraine pain alleviation. It is a procedure in which needles are inserted into various depths of a person’s skin. Many ailments may be solved by relieving pain, as shown by research. A study published in Frontiers in Neurology in 2017 found that daith piercing stimulated the vagus nerve, reducing migraine discomfort.
Ear piercing and septum piercing are also other piercings; you must know about before getting Shen Men Piercing done.
Things To Know Before You Do Shen Men Piercing
Before jumping on to the conclusion that you want to get Shen Piercing done, you must look after each possibility and precautions; some of these are:
- Please speak with your doctor before going with it.
- Because mending takes six months, it’s essential to understand the process.
- Find a well-known piercing store, qualified piercers, and people who are certified by the local or federal health service.
Is it an Effective Treatment For Anxiety?
Anxiety is a kind of homeostasis disturbance. Acupuncture has been established for thousands of years, but research on the overall usefulness of acupuncture for various diseases is relatively recent. “Point zero” is a term used by acupuncturists, who claim it may assist the body to maintain a stable internal environment.
However, since there is no well-controlled research on this, it is difficult to know if this is a placebo effect, a false claim made by those promoting the piercing, or evidence of novel anxiety treatment.
There are, however, many who believe the piercing is unnecessary. An acupuncture point must be located with extreme accuracy. The piercer will miss the point if the user shifts even a little in any direction.
Is the Side of A Shen Men Piercing Important?
Aside from the earlobe and the pressure point, the side (left/right) on which shen men piercing is done is also essential, having shen men piercing on the side of the head where a person suffers from migraines. The piercing side does not matter if we want to address disorders like anxiousness that are not tied to any side or section of our head.
Shen Men Piercing Post-Care Practice
The healing duration might vary significantly for piercings in the lobe or cartilage (4-8 weeks). The following suggestions should be followed during the healing process:
- The new piercing should never be rotated or moved.
- Avoid being trapped in a tangle, and sleep on the other side of your body.
- When the healing process is complete, don’t remove your piercing.
- Avoid cleaning products that include alcohol.
- Avoid saunas, swimming pools, and tanning salons for at least two weeks.
- When you wash your hair or shower, be sure not to get water in your piercing.
- Avoid using shampoo, lotions, or shower gel on your new piercing.
- Apply a specific ear care gel around the piercing 2-3 times a day until it is healed.
- Adding chamomile tea to a bath for 10-15 minutes helps speed up recovering after an injury.
- If a healed piercing is infected, follow the exact aftercare instructions as before.
Things To Know For Shen Men Piercing
If you have made up the decision of doing the Shen Men piercing, then these are the below things you need to take care of:
- Understand that health insurance policies do not cover piercings
- Understand what post-piercing care entails and that it may take up to six months for a piercing to heal completely.
- Speak to a doctor or a piercer about any questions about the procedure.
- Look for a piercer with a good reputation, licensed piercers, and credentials from municipal and federal health departments.
- Talk to your doctor about alternate, more established ways of managing your anxiety or migraines before having a piercing.
You may also like Christina Piercing
Drawbacks Of Shen Men Piercing
We are already familiar with the phenomenon that each coin has two sides, both good and bad. We must accept that it is unavoidable. Let’s go through them in detail:
- Bacterial inflammation is caused by the piercing, unsterilized piercing equipment, or germs brought into the area by your hands, even if the degree of pain is determined by tolerance or previous piercings.
- Fever, sepsis, or toxic shock are all symptoms of an infection.
- Our bodies sometimes thicken the tissues in that area and drive it out.
- A person with diabetes should avoid being pierced since the illness inhibits the body’s healing process.
To wrap up, we can conclude that this lack of proof does not imply that the piercing does not function, but there is presently no reason to promote it as an alternative to traditional therapies.
People contemplating getting shen men piercing to alleviate their anxiety should consult with a doctor beforehand. People with anxiety should seek out the services of an experienced professional piercer and other therapy options before getting the piercing to avoid complications.