Since ancient times, Selenite (a variety of Gypsum) is known to establish its significance and known for its powerful healing and therapeutic properties. Selenite, derived from Greece, is known to clear all the unwanted, undesirable, and negative energies from your surroundings and is supposed to give protection and promote well-being.
What is Selenite?
It is a monoclinic crystal produced from calcium sulfate dihydrate. It comes in pearly white hues with a clay-like texture and is some of the biggest crystals ever discovered.
It is comprised of two molecules of water (calcium sulfate dihydrate), having the chemical formula CaSO42H2O.
Origins of Selenite Crystal:
Its roots are traced back to Greek Mythology and have come a long way in establishing its significance in history. It is basically, derived from the Greek term “moonstone”, which is linked with it, the Greek Goddess of the Moon.
It is known by several other names such as:
- Desert rose
- Satin spar
- Gypsum flower
- Disodium selenite
- Butterfly selenite/golden phantom
- Monohydrated selenium dioxide
- Monosodium selenite
- Trioxoselenate(IV), trioxoselenate(2-), or trioxidoselenate(2-)
It is said that Selenite carries the fingerprint of everything that has emerged out in this world. It is also thought to have been used to keep evil spirits away. Generally, it is used to treat in such a way that if someone was sick, priests would mash it into a paste and paint it on the doors of a house.
Spiritual and healing properties of Selenite:
It is one of the most beautiful gems you will ever see! Its immaculate white hue will look stunning when paired with various colored stones and gems!
Aside from its beauty and elegance, this stone has numerous magical characteristics as well as healing powers.
Along with providing mental peace, it has been proved themselves to be worth more than that, such as:
- Gives you mental clarity and clears energy barriers.
- It could be used for gridding a home or property.
- Soothes and calms nightmares.
- Increases team spirit in workplaces and groups.
- Brings serenity and purity to one’s mind and heart.
- Defends you against psychic attacks.
- It helps to align the spinal column and improves flexibility. It corrects skeletal abnormalities and can help to stabilize epileptic conditions.
- Its hue and texture offer a beautifully anchoring effect. This helps to direct your attention and concentration to the present moment.
- If you are easily distracted or find it difficult to focus on just one subject at a time, its energies may be precisely what you need.
- It may clear away any fuzziness or mental fog that surrounds psychic insights or visions gained during meditation, in addition to sharpness and presence of mind.
- Helps to balance and stabilize your body, but it may also assist to balance and settle your emotions.
- It may be utilized to access both previous and future lives.
- It is used to treat problems caused by metal poisoning from tooth fillings, and it can counteract the effects of “free radicals” in cell structure.
Colors of Selenite:
Although they are primarily available in white color, they have also shown their availability in other colors such as Rose, Peach, and Golden. As their color varies, it also varies their properties of healing.
White: It is utilized to clear, cleanse, and communicate with higher worlds.
Golden: It is used to raise consciousness and links to external energy.
Peach: It associates with the sacral chakra, aids with emotional equilibrium.
Rose: Rose color affects the third eye chakra, intuition, and manifestation through changing mental and emotional conditioning.
Shapes of Selenite Crystal:
Apart from different colors, it also varies from shape to shape such as wands, towers, and hourglass.
Wands: It is used for moving negative energy, cleansing the aura and encouraging flow.
Hourglass: The hourglass is utilised for grounding and increasing consciousness, and it aids in the discharge of bad patterns.
Tower: It increases the energy, acts as a protective shield, and repels bad energy.
Forms of Selenite:
Satin spar – Satin Spar Selenite has a silky, chatoyant, fibrous appearance and shimmers like crystal. It has the appearance of satin and is strongly related to the abilities of the crown chakra.
Desert rose – Desert rose has a sand-colored look is very distinct from the other types, mainly associated with the mid chakras. It resembles blooming roses and varies in color from orange to brown.
Gypsum flower – Gypsum crystals have the appearance of frozen water, with crystals, petals, curves, and color. It brings healing vibes and heavenly styles to the table, clearing your body and heart of energy blockages so you can be open and ready to hear what the universe has to say.
Availability of Selenite:
It is found in all almost all the continents, but the most prominent locations are Mexico, Argentina, USA, Brazil, Poland, Japan, Australia, Greece.
Gypsum is a mineral that forms as a result of evaporation and is commonly found in salt springs, caves, alkaline lake muds, clay beds, evaporated oceans, salt flats, salt springs. It is commonly found alongside other minerals such as dolomite, limestone, copper ores, sulfur and sulfides, silver, iron ores, coal, calcite, and opal.
The raw crystal formations of Selenite are almost 35 feet in height.
How to cleanse Selenite?
It is a very soft and delicate stone to handle so you need to ensure that you are handling it properly.
When working with crystal energy, cleansing is essential to make it work at its full capacity. One thing to keep in mind is that all crystals absorb negative energy.
Follow the following given steps to clean are:
- Pass the crystal through the smoke using a smudge stick.
- Place your crystal in a dry salt basin.
- Sound vibrations from a singing bowl or bell might be used.
- Allow your crystal to sit in the sunshine for no more than 30 minutes.
- Leave it in the moonlight for the night.
Another way to cleanse:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and warm water to gently scrub the stone’s surface.
- Use natural soap instead of wiry brushes and stronger chemicals if it needs more cleaning.
How to Charge Selenite?
When you are done cleansing your Selenite, the next process you should begin with is charging it. This process must be followed before doing any other treatment.
To absorb more energy and power, use a crystal charging plate or set your crystal in the sun or moonlight.
It is believed that charging those it, gives them more energy and power to perform further treatments.
Operating and activating:
After following a bunch of steps, here comes the last step is to which is operating and activating your selenite.
To activate, follow the given below steps:
- Imagine a white light encircling the selenite in your hand.
- Deeply inhale and exhale.
- Repeat an affirmation about what you wish to materialize aloud or in your thoughts.
- Then, as desired, utilize your selenite.
Placing additional stones and crystals on top of it and its auric field after charging it under the light of a full moon can spread the moonlight’s energy to other crystal allies.
How to utilize Selenite?
There are number of ways where you can use it, such as:
- Holding it while doing meditation
- Putting it over the chakras
- Purifying and cleaning other stones
- Simply wearing it.
Selenite is a strong therapeutic crystal that is claimed to bring serenity, mental clarity, and well-being. Some people think that this stone may help you connect to higher worlds and eliminate bad energy. Nonetheless, utilizing it in rituals and meditation activities, or wearing them as jewelry, may provide subjective advantages.
Many individuals think that selenite is a great healer with several advantages, however, there is no scientific proof to back this up.