Pumice stone compromises of natural resources lava and cold water. It is the one of good exfoliating tool for our skin.
Everyone wants to keep their skin to be healthy and soft. People give their best to maintain the babyface. But when it comes to their cracked heels, they do not know how to take care of them ideally. Our skin can’t stay radiant every day.
Cracked heels are a common problem among the adult that causes discomfort when you do not wear the slippers. The skin of cracked heels becomes thicker and drier than other areas of our body.
It would be best to have some preventive tools to improve your skin texture every once in a while. Pumice stone is one of those tools.
According to the dermatologist, this pumice rock is easy to use and removes dry and dead skin perfectly. It helps to look even and soft skin structure around your heels and elbow area.
These stones are the formation of volcanic lava and water. These lightweight grays pumice stone create while a volcanic eruption. Hence, these are good exfoliating stones for dead skin removal. Most people use it to remove dead skin from cracked heels.
Let’s discuss the pumice stone, its uses, and its benefits. In this article, we guide you about this stone.
Table of Contents
What is Pumice stone?
Pumice stones are naturally created pressurized exfoliating rocks formed by the mixture of lava and water. It is created due to the sudden cooling of superheated lava when contact with water makes the hard stones.
The rapid cooling creates bubbles at the surface of pumice stone. It is the depressurization of carbon dioxide and water. They are primarily fade-in colors like white, grey, light blue, and peach.
These natural exfoliating pumice stone helps to remove dead and dry skin on feet, elbows, and hands. It helps to clear the calluses. In ancient Greeks, it was also a good hair removal product. It is the most natural way to cure cracked heels, elbows, and hands.
Numerous small cavities present on pumice stone can gently scrub your skin and make them soften, smooth, and shiny. Especially in cold weather, cracked skin is the most common problem. If you are struggling with cracked skin issues, you can try this natural earth-made this stone to improve your skin.
How to Use a Pumice Stone?
Steps are given below:
1. Soak your cracked and dry skin in warm water
The most common part is where dead skin and dry skin are present in our feet. Pumice stone exfoliates those foul skins from our feet, especially the heel area. Apart from feet, this stone exfoliates elbows and hands.
You need to soak your cracked and rough skin in warm water for 10 minutes. You can add shampoo and salt into the warm water. Soaking the calloused area into the warm water makes them softer.
- If your feet are calloused, you have to take a big tub to pour your feet perfectly.
- If your other body parts are calloused, you can take a lukewarm shower to soften those parts.
2. Wait until your calloused skin gets soften.
It is vital to become soft skin to remove dirt easily. A soft and supple skin gets an easy exfoliation process without any pain. You have to wait until your skin gets soften for exfoliation. Once the skin gets soft, it is easy to use a pumice stone.
3. Soak the stone into the warm water
After softening the skin, you need to wet the stone into the water. Wetting pumice stone makes excellent friction on the skin. You can use the same water where you are soaking your skin.
4. Stone is ready to exfoliate the skin.
Grab the pumice stone under your palm and start rubbing around the calloused skin gently. Rub the area in a circular motion that will get away the dead and dry skin.
If your skin has fewer damages, it will clean that part in less time. But if your skin has more enormous damages, you have to continue the process for a week. Keep going; your skin will become better and softer.
- Do not rub the skin horribly with pumice stone. That will cause more damages. Light pressure will remove all dirt slowly and gently.
- If you are rubbing your feet, try to focus on the heels area and toe area, and sides of your feet where the dry skin is present.
- Repeat the soaking process and again rub the area gently. You can repeat the process for3-4 times.
5. Rinse the feet and another area of exfoliation
Once the process of rubbing is done, rinse the exfoliation area with soap or body wash. Water and soap will rinse away the dead skin from your fresh skin. Now you can see your skin is looking younger and softer.
6. Dry the skin with a soft towel
When you have completed the above procedure, take a soft and clean towel to make your skin dry. Pat the skin with a towel and remove the entire watery molecule from the skin.
7. Moisturize the exfoliated skin
You can apply antiseptic cream first that prevents the skin from further infection. If you do not have an antiseptic moisturizer, you can use any good lotion or coconut oil. Apply the cream gently to make your skin softer.
How to take care of Pumice stone?
Good hygiene is essential for our safety. like you wash your clothes, you need to clean all your hygiene tools. Good hygiene care of pumice stone makes the longer life duration of stone and prevents us from infection.
Taking care of this stone is easy if you follow the given instructions.
- Scrubbing of Pumice stone: – Rubbed dead skin goes inside the cavity of stone. It would be best to clean it after use so that dirt will go away from the pores. Soak the stone in water and take the brush to clean it. You just have scrubbed the stone with the help of a scrubbing brush. You can use this procedure to keep your stone clean.
- Drying the stone: – Keep the stone at a dry place after scrubbing. You can keep it on the wall hanger after the washing so that it would look cleaner. You can search for the stone that comes with the attached string. You can hang this for drying out.
- Boiling: – If you are using it regularly, it is important to boil it once to prevent infectious microbes. For boiling, you can pour it into a bowl filled with water. Boil it for 5 minutes and take it with the help of a kitchen tool and keep it for drying.
- Replacement: – you should change the stone when it becomes softer. Once the stone goes down to softer, it will not exfoliate the skin. Now, this is the time you should buy a new one.
You may also like: Selenite
Are Pumice stone safe to use?
Pumice stone is the formation of a natural lave that instantly cools down when water comes in touch. So there are not any side effects of using it. But you should know the process of using it and marinating the hygiene is fundamental.
- The small cavities present on the surface pumice stone exfoliate the skin well
- It helps to get away from dry and dead skin cells.
- It makes our skin softer and shiny.
Pumice stone is safe, but you have to use it gently. It is essential to soak your skin in warm water. This stone is the best exfoliate tool.
Tips for Using Pumice Stone
- You should avoid using pumice stone around sensitive areas of your body. As you are aware, the face, neck, gentile, and underarms are the sensitive areas. If you want to remove dead skin from your neck and face, you should go for mild scrubbing cream available in the markets.
- You can remove your hair by using it.
As mentioned above, this is natural and good for exfoliating dry and dead skin cells. For cracked heels and toes, it plays a significant role. Pumice stone is a natural exfoliator tool. If your skin is too sensitive, ask your dermatologist before using it. If you face any pain or irritation, do not use it. Sometimes, this stone breaks the skin, and blood comes out. Apply the antiseptic around the broken skin. If you are looking to purchase it, you can quickly get it from any cosmetic store. The best part is this is not too expensive.