If you are into fitness and healthy eating, you might have seen colorful fruit chucks in plain glass water bottles. These trends are all over Instagram and most influences like to take pictures with them as well. The concept of detox treatment has been extracted from the idea that the human body is filled with various toxins that are due to an unhealthy diet and junk eating. To get rid of these toxins, our body has a liver and kidneys that help with this but you always need more.
This is where the change in the diet comes in. There are different food items that you need to add to your food that will help you get rid of toxins from the body. These simple food items are only added to the food to make sure that the body has an advanced detox effect. Some people like to add synthetic detox supplements to their food just to help them clean their body but these synthetic products are not endorsed.
With the help of this article, you will be able to know in detail about some of the common detox food systems that we can add to our diet. Apart from this, we will also talk about some misconceptions that are attached to detoxification and what you can do to boost the detoxification system.
Why You Need to Incorporate Detox in the Diet
Most of the things within the detox diet are mainly linked with better digestion and overall good health. You will see improvement in your body structure as well as your skin. Some of the main reasons and benefits that will help you start the detox diet today include:
- A detox diet is very good for people who feel bloated all the time
- A detox diet is effective for digestion and people who feel constipated.
- Detox treatment improves the skin quality
- The detox diet has an anti-aging effect
- People who have allergies need to use a detox diet
- Alcoholics and drug abusers are asked to go on a seven to fifteen-day detox diet before starting their treatment
- A detox diet is good for cleaning the blood and helping the kidneys wash out the toxins
Simple Steps That Can Help You Start Your Detox Treatment Journey
Most people think that unless you are not investing in some over-the-counter supplements that you can buy at a pharmacy, detox treatment is not effective. However, a natural diet and avoiding food that can cause toxins in the body are also enough. Some of the main steps that can help you start your detox energy include:
- Try to avoid the use of alcohol
- Increase the intake of water
- Sodium intake is not good for health so try to limit the salt intake as well
- Exercise regularly so that sweat can help you wash away all the toxins
- Try to use natural cleaning products
- Try to avoid processed food as much as possible
- Avoid the use of processed sugar and synthetic sugar
- Drink green tea and fresh fruits
- Use food that is rich in Prebiotics or try to incorporate food that is rich in Prebiotics
- Stick to a healthy bedtime to improve your sleep cycle
You may also like Does Cranberry Juice Make You Poop?
Misconception Related to Detox
Detox is in fashion, this is the reason you will find various brands and influences offering simple detox recipes. Most people like to add cucumber and lemon in their water to improve taste and for a detox effect. However, certain misconceptions are linked with detox water and other detox products. Some of these misconceptions have been listed below:
- Detox diets including vitamins, supplements, minerals, green tea, laxatives, and diuretics are linked with weight loss without realizing that most of these things are already present in our diet.
- Simple food items like green tea are really good for helping the body with digestion and preventing inflammation within the body. It also relaxes digestive cramps altogether. However, for the detox treatment, the body already has organs that can work on their own.
- Most of the toxin diets available in the market usually do not help with the removal of the toxins, instead they just support digestion.
- Synthetic laxatives and diuretics mostly claim that they help with weight loss, however, in real life they are really bad for the body and cause malnourishment.
To sum it all up, it is pretty attractive to add new things to your diet. They will help you stay active and enjoy your food. However, the human body has been designed with a very effective detox system. The human liver, kidneys, and skin help in getting rid of all kinds of toxins.
Adding certain food items will not help in case of ineffective organ function or organ failure. However, if you use more water, it will help you clean your body effectively and you will be able to get rid of body fat and the digestion will get better as well. Most people find it controversial that water can help you reduce body fat but it is closely linked with removing toxins and since most toxins are a byproduct of high activity you will be able to see your body getting cleaned easily.
You may also like: 5 Mind-blowing Benefits of Amla Powder for Hairs