When come to looks there is no gender inequity- we all desire to look delicate that surely includes graceful neck to grasp the head up. A long, lissom vaulted neck is what made Queen Nefertiti famous. We all secretly admire a graceful neck for ourselves and a double chin is what gets in our way. This article will open all lock to remove it forever.
Yes, chin liposuction is new ray of hope that surely ensures you not to look for another treatment once you find out what is unravelled in mystery of bed….
Let us learn- ….What Is A Double Chin?
A double chin is an extra roll of fatty flesh. This dabble in found below a person’s jaw-line/chin is often referred to as a neck wattle. Specifically, noticed if the fat is loose and hanging. A double chin that is dabbling in below the jaw line is not a sign of aging. It simply indicates that it can occur at any point in life. This stone in path of your desired looks is double chin, that can be spotted easily in the profile view of your face.
Causes resulting in double chin
Besides common factors that increase the chances of a sagging chin and increased fat storage, following 3 reasons can’t be neglected:-
- Genes: More often than not, many people do inherit a double chin. The genes decide on the facial bone structure for instance, individuals with round faces tend to have a noticeable double chin.
- Being Overweight/ obesity: Those who weigh more, tend to have a double chin. Since the fat gets stored in the usual spots like stomach, thighs, and arms, the fat eventually starts to fill up under the chin causing a fat double chin as well.
- Aging: one of the reason- as when u ages your metabolism slows down. This leads to muscles loss, low elasticity of skin due to loss of collagen and fragile bones.
If you are worried that in case losing weight alone can help in getting rid of double chin?
There’s no scientific evidence that chin exercises help to reduce this condition- as there is no documented literature data support.
Here by exercise, we refer about exercising the facial muscles and massaging. This is myth that it might help you tighten the neck muscles and reduce fat in the lower jaw-line; though it can be of help to maintain in certain cases.
If you see little to no improvement even after loosing weigh or exercise, consulting a dermatologist/plastic surgeon will be a better option to get rid of this condition- to be wise.
How To Get Rid Of Double Chin?
Most easy way to get rid of a double chin is few alternations in your diet, lifestyle, sleep pattern and exercising, and soon you will have a chiselled jaw-line and a beautiful neck. It is important to remember to practice these healthy habits every day to see any changes in lieu of mentioned cosmetic problem beside the therapeutic regimen to be followed under supervision of certified cosmetologist or dermatologist.
1. Non-Surgical Treatment To Reduce Double Chin
The medical surgeries for removing double chin can be expensive or may be frightening. These surgeries need multiple sittings also if we add which charge for every session.
Several non surgical cosmetic treatments to reduce double chin are:
Ultherapy – focused ultrasound therapy and regenerative powers to lift, tighten and tone sagging skin.
Intragen – A quick treatment for double chin, facial wrinkles and loose, sagging skin with good prognosis.
Mechanism Of Action For Intragen:- Intragen, a machine that uses a 6MHz generator and delivers fractional radio frequency through its sophisticated tip. It creates grid shapes on the epidermis (the outermost layer of skin) and uses thermal (heat) energy to tighten and tone the skin.
Each treatment session lasts for 30-45 minutes, multiple sessions are required for visible results. Measurable tightening & contouring appears gradually in 2 to 3 months following the treatment sessions. Results can last up to months to a year depending on the skin condition & aging process.
You may also like What is Mewing?
2. Surgical Treatment To Reduce Double Chin
The surgical treatment for neck contouring starts cost from $1200 to $12500. You may need to spend additional cost for the surgical procedure.
If you have a double chin and are looking for ways to get rid of it, a plastic surgeon may recommend chin liposuction, neck lift surgery, or a combination of both.
There’s no one specific double chin surgery, but instead a combination of approaches to remove excess fat and tighten neck skin to create a firmer, more defined chin and neck area. That ives good appreciated results.
Double chin surgery recommendations are based on individuals’ verities of skin quality and desired effects. People aged 20 to 50 who have more elastic skin may benefit from chin liposuction.
Chin liposuction, is a procedure to remove excess fat, but it won’t improve skin quality. Chin lift surgery with chin liposuction can correct a double chin, as well as sagging or loose skin on the neck.
Submentoplasty is a surgical approach, doctors perform a chin liposuction and a chin lift together. They may also suggest these procedures along with a chin liposuction or facelift or chin augmentation.
You may also like Buccal fat removal Surgery
Double Chin Surgery Before and After
To mention certain related facts with the procedure of chin liposuction:
- Doctors can perform chin liposuction under local anesthesia.
- Doctors can perform submentoplasty under local anesthesia with or without sedation.
- Side effects can include swelling, bruising, loss of facial sensitivity, pigmentation changes to the skin, infection, and facial asymmetry.
- Convenience: Most people can return to work within one to two weeks.
A person can usually return to normal activities faster with chin liposuction compared to a more invasive neck lift. And the chin liposuction cost is varied because there are several different approaches, $1,200 to $12,700.
If a person maintains a consistent weight, the effects of chin liposuction are permanent, according to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Length of duration for chin lift results depend on a person’s skin quality and surgical approach. Your surgeon will discuss this with you before surgery.
All procedures can reduce the appearance of a double chin. However, you may not be a good candidate for chin liposuction or submentoplasty if your skin isn’t very elastic and has a loose or saggy appearance or has reduced collagen. When this is the case, a doctor will usually recommend a neck lift.
Here you get A Complete Guide on Liposculpture
How does chin liposuction works?
- Chin liposuction works by inserting a small tube, called a cannula, into the chin in different areas.
- Using gentle suction, small and strategic amounts of fat are removed from each location.
- The result is a smoother, more even profile with a reduced amount of fat under the chin.
The following are some basic steps for chin liposuction:
- surgeon will examine the chin and neck.
- surgeon will make markings with a pen to note areas where they’ll insert their cannulas.
- skin is cleansed thoroughly with an antiseptic solution designed to reduce infection risks.
- several small incisions in the skin just large enough to introduce the liposuction cannula are made.
- Next, they’ll insert a liposuction cannula and use a back-and-forth or fanning motion to remove excess fat.
- They’ll pay close attention to how much fat is removed from each area to ensure a smooth, even facial appearance.
- Finally, bandaging is applied as necessary- to achieve closure. This typically includes a special chin strap to support the skin while it heals.
Who are the ideal candidates for chin Liposuction for ‘Double chin’?
Ideal candidates for Chin liposuction as a primary procedure are the people who have visible fat deposition & early signs of aging in the neck.
Inappropriate candidates for chin liposuction are those with moderate-to-severe skin laxity and excess wrinkling, significant sagging of muscles, prominent neckbands and very prominent jowls.
How is the recovery in the postoperative period of chin liposuction?
The process of lipolysis induced by chin liposuction and contraction of the overlying skin continues over the ensuing months. During the postoperative period, patients should wear compressive support for the neck for 2-3 weeks to promote healing and re-contouring in the submental region.
During this time, skin contraction and remodeling of subcutaneous fibrosis will occur. Chin liposuction is used as a stand-alone rejuvenation procedure or in combination with other facial aesthetic operations like facelifts, neck lift.
Chin liposuction offers many advantages like minimum scarring, less tissue trauma, a shorter recovery period, and the ability to hide the scar.